Follow us twitter facebook
Edition: Brazil
Click here to subscribe toour free weekly newsletter click here
Industry buzz

Dufry acquires World Duty Free

Dufry announces that it has entered into a binding agreement with Edizione S.r.l. to acquire its 50.1% stake in World Duty Free S.p.A (WDF). Following completion of the transaction with Edizione, Dufry will launch a mandatory tender offer for the remaining 49.9% outstanding WDF shares.

World Duty Free Group, Madrid-Barajas Airport, Spain

World Duty Free Group, Madrid-Barajas Airport, Spain

Dufry says the combination with WDF will enhance its global position in the travel retail industry. Dufry expects to generate synergies of up to EUR 100 million. On a pro forma combined basis, once fully integrated and including planned synergies, Dufry would have generated a turnover of CHF 7.8 billion in 2014 and an EBITDA of more than CHF 1 billion.

World Duty Free Group, is one of the world’s leading travel retailers, operating mainly in airports and with a broad geographical reach. It has operations in 20 countries through 105 locations with over 500 stores, from its heartland in Western Europe, to the Americas, the Middle East and Asia. In 2014, WDF reported turnover of EUR 2,440 million and EBITDA of EUR 261 million. WDF operates some of the most exciting and engaging airport shops in the world, with a focus on the customer and innovative marketing programmes, including multi-channel digital and live in-store interactive promotions.

According to Dufry, the combination with WDF will further enhance its global position in the travel retail industry and the combined entity will be present in 67 countries and reach a market share of approx. 24% in airport retail globally. The transaction will enhance Dufry’s portfolio with attractive long-term concessions across several major European airports, including the recently extended London Heathrow airport with a large number of emerging market consumers and the Spanish airports which ideally complement Dufry’s strong Mediterranean footprint; in addition, the transaction will also strengthen Dufry’s operations in North and Latin America, Asia and the Middle East.

World Duty Free Group, Heathrow T4 Airport, United Kingdom

World Duty Free Group, Heathrow T4 Airport, United Kingdom

"WDF’s business is highly complementary to our existing footprint and will reinforce our leading position in the Mediterranean, the Americas as well as the Middle East and Asia. At the same time, having access to one of the most diverse passenger flows in Heathrow, combining attractive emerging and developed market customer profiles, will allow us to leverage our existing expertise on all the customer groups and to further develop our global offering,” said Julian Diaz.

© 2015 - Brazil Beauty News - www.brazilbeautynews.com

latest news
Focus
Centdegrés designs Eudora's new eau de parfum: Impression

Centdegrés designs Eudora’s new eau de parfum: Impression

Impression, the latest men’s fragrance by Eudora, aims sophisticated consumers with woody and amber notes based on cistus labdanum, musk and patchouli. The Boticario Group brand has entrusted Centdegrés for the bottle design. The agency took inspiration from an hourglass symbolizing time and the importance to take advantage of (...)

read more
Experts’ views
Dr Dennis Gross: Dedicated to leading the US advanced skincare market

Emmanuelle Bassmann
Dr Dennis Gross: Dedicated to leading the US advanced skincare market

What is the new face of Doctor Brands? What is the strategy of leading skincare brands launched by Medical Doctors or medical-oriented? After an overview of Skinceuticals’ values and strategy let’s now focus on Dr Dennis Gross. Dr Dennis Gross skincare line formed in 2002, was inspired by the skincare concerns of patients at his NYC (...)

read more

Features